Utopia is an online magazine focused on sustainability and eco-friendly lifestyle. For over a decade we have been the leading publisher of news, guides, and inspiration to millions of German readers. Now we are reaching out to English-speaking audiences in North America.
Our website Utopia.org features diverse, well-researched, and accessible content created to help readers live life more sustainably – from DIY-instructions to in-depth background stories, from how-to-guides to brand portraits, all with a focus on the specific interests of a North American audience.
Now we are looking for a Content Writer & Editor who is interested in growing our portfolio of well-researched articles on sustainability issues in the United States and in supporting our editorial team.
You will spend part of your time creating content for utopia.org:
- You are largely responsible for growing our brand content like buying advice and evaluation of labels and practices regarding sustainability.
- You will conduct in-depth research on more complex topics connected to sustainability in the U.S.
- Based on this research, you will write articles that align with our brand and educate readers about sustainability issues.
- You will research new topics and keep an eye on trends.
Supporting our editorial team will also be part of your job:
- You will edit and revise articles like guides, DIY instructions and recipes from an editorial point of view and regarding information on sustainability, check accuracy, sources and writing style. You also review and adapt content according to the latest SEO standards.
- You will research new topics based on demand and make briefings available to the authors via our CMS.
- You will monitor the performance of launched articles using analytics, user feedback, etc.
- You’re an English native speaker (or comparable English level)
- You have strong ties to the USA and are familiar with the culture, market, and audience expectations.
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience as an online writer or content editor.
- You have in-depth knowledge about sustainability, can assess sources and identify reliable ones. You are also interested in topics related to nutrition, health, household and family, all in connection with sustainability.
- You are familiar with journalistic rules of diligence, guidelines and style guides, and have excellent writing skills. You can make complex facts understandable for readers.
- You are communicative and a true team player.
- You are comfortable cooperating with and managing different stakeholders.
- You have a hands-on work ethic and are not afraid to take the initiative.
- You are familiar with content management systems.
- SEO skills are preferred but not a must.
- A job with purpose.
- A work environment characterized by open and respectful communication.
- Lean hierarchies and room for your own ideas and initiative.
- The opportunity to help shape a new, evolving website.
- You will gain valuable insights into a successful online company that is helping to make the world a little better.
- You work with our newly developed CMS, with which you can easily and quickly access and edit content.
- An easily accessible office in the beautiful Untergiesing district of Munich. Working remotely is also possible.
- Flexible working hours in coordination with the team.
Want to make a contribution to a more sustainable world? Then please apply with the following documents to email@example.com:
- cover letter including salary expectations
- the latest/most important certificates
- writing samples
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent