Utopia goes global – and we want you!
You want to help make this world a more sustainable place? You are a native English speaker? You love written language in all its nuances, feel right at home in the online world, and want to help us shape the future of our website Utopia.org?
Then you should join our team at Utopia as an editor/SEO-manager!
About us: Utopia.de is a German online magazine: We focus on topics connected with sustainable lifestyles and provide valuable background information, consumer advice, and how-to-instructions of all sorts. For 13 years we have been providing news and advice on how to live a more sustainable life to millions of German readers. Now we are reaching out to English-speaking audiences in North America.
For this purpose, we have created Utopia.org. The website runs translations and adaptations of articles first published on our German domain as well as some new content specifically created for American audiences.
Now we need someone who can help our website grow while cooperating with our team of freelance translators and ensuring the quality of our content.
We are looking for candidates who
- are native speakers (American English)
- are fluent in German
- have experience writing and editing English journalistic texts
- have profound SEO-skills
- have some knowledge of the characteristics of the US market, society, media landscape, and audience expectations
- have strong communicative, conceptual, and analytical skills
- ideally have some experience in managing projects with multiple stakeholders, including KPI-based performance planning and controlling
- ideally have some experience in translation (German to English)
- a work environment characterized by open and respectful communication
- lean hierarchies
- room for your own ideas and initiative
- the opportunity to help shape a new, evolving project
- an easily accessible office in the Munich district of Untergiesing as well as the possibility to work remotely*
- flexible working hours (in coordination with the team). Minimum hours for the position: 20h / week.
*Location and remote work: You are welcome to work remotely, but we would like to work together as a team in Munich at least one to two days a week.
You feel up to the task? Can’t wait to get started? Great – we would love to hear from you!
- your letter of application
- CV and
- (if available) 2-3 work samples/references
- to [email protected]