Do you want to help make the world a more sustainable place? Do you live in the US and are fluent in English? Do you have a hands-on mentality and are a true team player? Then you should join our team at Utopia!
Utopia is an online magazine focused on sustainability and eco-friendly lifestyles. Since 2007, we have provided news, guides, and inspiration to millions of German readers. With utopia.org we are now reaching out to English-speaking audiences in North America.
Utopia.org features diverse, well-researched, and accessible content created to help readers live their life more sustainably – with a focus on the specific interests of an American audience.
To increase our reach on social media, we are looking for an experienced social media marketer. You will provide the latest tools, formats and your own ideas and implement them to create unique content for our users.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting management of our social media channels (Instagram, Facebook) and establish new ones (Twitter, TikTok, Reddit, Quora, etc.)
- Creating new social media content and optimizing existing content.
- Researching and coming up with new ideas and formats to increase our social media reach.
- Discovering and trying out new ways to spread our topics online.
- Interacting with the Utopia community and respond to questions, criticism and requests.
What we are looking for:
- You’re fluent in English and live in the US.
- You have a hands-on mentality, are proactive, can work independently and don’t shy away from taking things into your own hands.
- You have experience managing social media channels.
- You know how to create original content for social media channels.
- You can assess which topics are relevant to the US audience and can identify trends.
- You are familiar with sustainability, conscious consumption and related topics.
- You know how to represent a sustainable position in current social debates.
- Ideally, you feel comfortable being in front of a camera.
What we offer:
- A work environment characterized by open and respectful communication.
- Lean hierarchies and room for your own ideas and initiative.
- The chance to help shape a new, evolving website.
- Flexible working hours (in coordination with the team).
- The opportunity to work from anywhere in the world, while always being able to reach out to our team for support (team is based in Berlin, Hamburg, and Munich).
Can’t wait to make the world a little better? Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Samples of your work (for example, links to social media channels you have managed, particularly successful posts or other relevant work)
- Number of hours you can work within a month
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date