Utopia goes global – and we want you!
You want to help make this world a more sustainable place? You are a native English speaker? You love language and writing and want to gain first experiences as a translator?
Then you should join our team at Utopia!
Utopia.de is a German online magazine: We focus on topics connected with sustainability, do it yourself instructions and household remedies.
For 12 years we have advised our German readers on how to live a more sustainable life. Now we want to reach out to English-speaking audiences in North America.
For this purpose we have created Utopia.org. The platform runs translations of articles which we have published on our German domain as well as new texts for an American audience.
You want to join our team as a translator (freelance / Werkstudent)? Please consider:
We are looking for candidates who
- are native speakers (American English)
- have experience in writing in English. This is important, as we do not want you to translate articles word by word. You should be able to adapt the texts in terms of both content and language, so that it sounds natural to American readers.
- ideally have experience in translation (German to English)
- are interested in topics connected to sustainability
- can estimate which articles could be of interest to an American audience
- are looking for a freelance or Werkstudenten-job, about 20 hours a week
- a work environment characterized by open and respectful communication
- lean hierarchies and room for your own ideas and initiative
- an easily accessible office in the Munich district of Untergiesing
- flexible working hours (in coordination with the team)
You feel up to the task? Can’t wait to get started? Great – we would love to hear from you!
- your letter of application
- CV and
- (if available) 2-3 work samples
- to [email protected]