Utopia goes global – and we want you!
You want to help make this world a more sustainable place? You are a native English speaker? You love language und writing and want to gain experience as a translator?
Then you should join our team at Utopia!
Utopia.de is a German online magazine: We focus on topics connected with sustainability, DIY-instructions and household remedies. For 13 years we have been providing news and advice to our German readers on how to live a more sustainable life. Now we are reaching reach out to English-speaking audiences in North America.
For this purpose we have created Utopia.org. The website runs translations of articles first published on our German domain as well as some new content specifically created for an American audience.
Sound interesting? Want to become a translator (freelance / Werkstudent) for Utopia.org? Please consider:
We are looking for candidates who
- are native speakers (American English)
- have experience writing in English. This is important, as we do not want you to translate articles word by word. You should be able to adapt texts in terms of both content and language, so that it sounds natural to American readers.
- ideally have experience in translation (German to English)
- are interested in topics connected to sustainability
- feel they can assess which topics could be of interest to an American audience
- are looking for a freelance or Werkstudenten-job, about 10-20 hours a week
- a work environment characterized by open and respectful communication
- lean hierarchies and room for your own ideas and initiative
- the opportunity to help shape a new, evolving project
- an easily accessible office in the Munich district of Untergiesing as well as the opportunity to work from anywhere in the world
- flexible working hours (in coordination with the team)
You feel up to the task? Can’t wait to get started? Great – we would love to hear from you soon!
- your letter of application
- CV and
- (if available) 2-3 work samples
- to [email protected]